6/19/10

Crafty Thursday

As a personal dream I have always wanted to have an "Art Studio" where kids and adults could come craft and share friendships while creating.
This summer I am finally making it come true on a very small scale.
I am opening my home to children ages 4-7 to come in and create. Although we have a theme, each child is still allowed to create as they would like while following a few guidelines for each project. For this first week I had 6 children sign up and our theme was "Horses".
The children had fun creating a horse hanger and a giant horse drawing. The horse hanger consisted of a foam outline and cling. To decorate the inside layer the children used tissue squares and liquid glue. The giant horse is blank stock card measuring 29 1/2" x 27 1/2" and the children decorated them using paint, markers, crayons, stamps etc.

M and E so enjoyed having a larger group of friends and fellow artists join in on our crafting time. I was pleased to hear the 4 year old and 7 year old saying how much fun they were having and how they loved crafting. Our craft time ended with play time outside and a healthy snack. I look forward to next week already!




1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hey, are you still doing this? We'd love to come and join you some time if you'd be willing to let a 3 year old join, or she could just play with the toys too.

Miss you. Want to play next week?