7/15/11

Napkins and Cutlery

I love the 4th of July for not only reasons that I am proud to live in America and feel blessed every day that my mother was brave enough to leave her home country and come to this country looking for what many of your relatives did as well, a safer better future for her children.The other reason is the celebration as it is one that takes us outside for picnics and fireworks.

I found a nice blog by a mom in South Africa called, Love and Lollipops follow her here allthingschildren.blogspot.com. She featured a nice kit for a garden theme napkin holder and gave the idea on how to make it yourself without the kit.I instantly knew it would be perfect with a 4th of July BBQ theme

Materials: Popsicle sticks, card stock, 4th of July stickers preferably dimensional ones  I like the Jolee's brand found at Michael's and JoAnn's and some red white and blue paint.
http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/jolees/Products/Happy_4th_Stickers_SPJB204.htm

M and E also made some can holders for forks and spoons.
Materials: Emptied and cleaned cans, scrapbook paper in 4th of July theme, stickers and pipe cleaners.

2 comments:

Love and Lollipops said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Love and Lollipops said...

Hi there!

Oh I love how it turned out! Thanks a mil for linking back to me!!

My blog is actually called "Love and Lollipops- easy error to make as the blogspot address is "allthingschildren" :)

Thanks again for the link love and for the comment!

Kindest regards,
Georgia